Patrick W. McBride
Principal, GMS Architectural Group, AIA, P.S.
Patrick W. McBride, AIA, plays a vital role in directing the Pacific Northwest's Architectural Professional Building Industry towards their shared goal of providing innovative, high density, affordable housing. He is in constant pursuit of his conviction that Architects have the opportunity and responsibility to assist the Home Building Industry to achieve their housing goal and holds their confidence and respect. Patrick was recognized in his pursuits and named "Associate of the Year" by the Master Builders Association of King and Snohomish Countie s in 1992, 1996 and 1997. He was also recognized by Washington State's Building Industry Association of Washington in 1996 as "Associate of the Year" and elected to the Associate Hall of Fame.
Patrick is a Principal of GMS Architectural Group, AIA, P.S. which specializes in Housing and Commercial Retail design and development . His considerable knowledge and experience in the full spectrum of single- and multi-family, mixed use, retail and office projects, makes him a sought-after authority, and a well-respected practicing Architect . Patrick has participated in judging several regional Housing Awards Programs including the "Gold Nugget" in Los Angeles/ Orange County, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver-British Columbia and King County's 1993 "Habitat for Humanities" Design Competition.
Patrick is an active board member and past Secretary for the Master Builders Association of King and Snohomish Counties and a board member of Downtown Action to Save Housing (D.A.S.H.), a non-profit Affordable Housing Coalition for Bellevue, Washington that provides rehabilitation and new housing areas for residents between 30-70% of medium income levels. Patrick has been, and continues to be, a Board Member for "C.A.S.T for Kids," a national non-profit organization for handicapped and disadvantaged children, since 1991.
Patrick received a Bachelor of Architecture degree from the University of Idaho, holds an NCARB Certificate, and is a currently registered Architect in the states of Washington, Idaho and Connecticut.
- 1999 MBA "Associate of the Millenium"
- 1999 MBA Team Player Award
- 1997 MBA "Associate of the Year"
- 1996 MBA "Associate of the Year"
- 1996 BIAW "Associate of the Year"
- 1996 NAHB Nominee "Associate of the Year"
- 1992 MBA "Associate of the Year"
||Bachelor of Architecture, University of Idaho, 1978
- Second Vice President, Building Industry Associates of Washington, 1995, 1996, 2000
- Spike Chair, Building Industry Association of Washington, 1997, 1998
- Chairman, King Country Building Code Advisory and Appeals Board, 1999-Present
- Chairman, Minimum Density Advisory Committee
- Chairman, Professional Consultants of King County (PCKC)
- Chairman, Code and Regulations Committee, 1990-1996
- Co-Chairman, King County Council
- National Association Director, National Association of Home Builders, 1998
- Board of Director, Downtown Action to Save Housing (DASH)
- Secretary, Master Builders of King and Snohomish Counties, 1995-1997
- Secretary, Building Industry Associates of Washington, 1999
- Member, Frank Lloyd Wright Home and Studio Foundation
- Member, Housing Task Force Committee (City of Bellevue)
- Member, Eastside Executive Associates of MAME Committees
- Member, AIA's Small Office Task Force Committee
- Member, Affordable Housing Policy Committee
- Member, American Institute of Architects
- Member, International Code Council
- Member, Building Industry Associates of Washington
- Member, Master Builders Association of King and Snohomish Counties
- Member, Central Washington Home Builders Association
- Member, National Association of Home Builders
- Member, Advisory Committee to City of Everett for Multi-Family Design Guidelines
- Active with Habitat for Humanity
- Attended MBA Leadership Conferences, 1990-1998
- Registered Architect - Washington, 1983; Idaho, 1984; Connecticut, 1987
- NCARB Certification, 1984
- Member, MBA Multi-Family
- Board Member, CAST for Kids, 1991-Present
- Chairman, King County Title 21 Zoning Code Update, 1992
- Chairman, Professional Consultants of King County, 1994
- Consultant, King County Parking Standards for Commercial and Housing Uses
- Focus Group Member, Design Development and Environmental Services (DDES)
- Guest Instructor, King County Development Standards, "Getting to Yes with DDES"
- Active with new State Building Code Review, 1999, 2002, 2005
- Participated with TAC State Building Code Council for the adoption and incorporation of Federal ADA and HUD guidelines into 1991 Edition of UBC Chapter 31 for State of Washington
|Architectural Events Judged:
- Northern Nevada Home Builders "Homer" Awards - Las Vegas, NV
- 2002 Portland Parade of Homes
- 2002 HBA Tri-Cities Parade of Homes
- 1999 Central Home Builders - Yakima
- 1998 Golden Nugget Awards
- 1998 Southern Nevada Home Builders Awards
- 1996 Golden Nugget Awards
- 1996, 1995, 1994 Pierce County Street of Dreams
- 1995 MAME Awards - Los Angeles
- 1995, 1993 Elan Awards - Orange County
- 1994 - 1997 Kitsap County Parade of Homes
- 1993 MAME Awards - Portland
- 1992 "Georgie" Awards - Vancouver, B.C. Canada
- 1992 Habitat for Humanity's Planned South Park Community
- 1992 S.F. Bay Area/ Northern California MAME Awards
- 1988 - 1991 Seattle A.I.A. Mock Design Exam